Research Student Projects (William Buchanan)
There are no results for this search.
Digital immunisation through network packets payload analysis and patterns-matching within a security boundary. The immune approach in anomaly detection enables detecting known and unknown intrusive activities in packets payload. Cloud computing has extended security boundaries from the traditional security...
Immune based anomaly detection in wireless sensor networks. The topic Addresses the development of novel secrity echanisms for mobile ad hoc networks, inspired by mechanisms apparent in the biological immune system.
Towards optimal probabilistic routing for next generation ad hoc networks. Mobile ad-hoc networking (MANET) technology has been a major avenue for many wireless and mobile networked based applications in different fields including, but not limited to, industry, military,...
A novel methodology for the monitoring of information security risks in health care.
Context-aware definition, modelling and implementation for policy-compliant information sharing between Police and Community Partners. The exchange of information between the police and community partner organisations forms a core aspect of effective policing and community service provision.
Metadata tagging of digital assetsand visualization.
Framework for evaluation of e-health platform and services. Methodologies for evaluation of e-Health platforms are still lacking. This research proposes an e-Health evaluation framework that aims to provide a concise methodology for the evaluation of e-Health...
The experience of interactive art is appropriation. This investigation examines various methods for evaluating interactivity and engagement with technology. By using a static model, namely the interactive gallery at The Public in West Bromwich it is...
An investigatory framework for electronic fraud using affiliate fraud as a case study.
Binary matrix for pedestrian tracking in infrared images.
- Panel Chair: Data quality and data cleaning in database applications (Lin Li, 2008-2012)
- Director of Studies: Cryptographic privacy-preserving enhancement method for investigative data acquisition (Zbigniew Kwecka, 2006-2011)
- Director of Studies: Forensic verification of operating system activity via novel data, acquisition and analysis techniques (Jamie Graves, 2005-2009)
- Director of Studies: Network firewalls dynamic performance evaluation and formalisation (Lionel Saliou, 2004-2009)
- Panel Chair: Measuring pedestiran gait using low resolution infrared people counters (Timothy Chamberlain, 2003-2009)
- Second Supervisor: NetHost-Sensor: Enhancing Intrusion Detection via an Active Target Host (Abiola Abimbola, 2003-2007)
- Director of Studies: MARIAN: Mobile Agents for Routing in Ad-Hoc Networks (Nikos Migas, 2002-2005)
- Panel Chair: Soundscape mapping: comparing listening experiences (Iain McGregor, 2000-2011)
- Panel Chair: Visualising Multiple Overlapping Classification Hierarchies (Martin Graham, 1998-2002)