Research Student Projects (David Benyon)
There are no results for this search.
Augmenting music therapy with sound visualisation techniques.
Enhanced key-sharing algorithms.
Online reputation management in a digital world.
Understanding user experience in blended spaces.
Sonification of exosolar planetary systems.
Understanding and designing interactive collaborative spaces. The combination of personal and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) technologies with augmented "smart" spaces designed for collaborative work offers new design challenges for the HCI community.
Applying semantic technologies to multi-agent models for software simulations.
- Director of Studies: A framework for the transformation of the creative industries in a digital age (Hannah Rudman, 2011-2015)
- Director of Studies: Data navigation and visualisation: navigating coordinated multiple views of data (Nseabasi Igoniderigha, 2010-2015)
- Panel Chair: Enhancing bio-inspired intrusion response in ad-hoc networks (Maryamosadat Kazemitabar, 2010-2013)
- Examiner: Tasks and visual techniques for exploration of temporal graph data (Natalie Kerracher, 2010-2017)
- Panel Chair: Framework for evaluation of e-health platform and services (Owen Lo, 2010-2015)
- Second Supervisor: Web engineering for the evaluation of large computer web systems: methodologies in web metrics (Dalal Zahran, 2010-0)
- Director of Studies: Learning to cope with non discretionary use of digital techologies (Emilia Sobolewska, 2009-2016)
- Examiner: A multidimensional sketching interface for visual control of data-driven concatenative sound synthesis (Augoustinos Tsiros, 2009-2016)
- Examiner: Visualizing genetic transmission patterns in plant pedigrees (Paul Shaw, 2008-2016)
- Panel Chair: A holistic semantic based approach to component specification and retrieval (Chengpu Li, 2007-2012)
- Director of Studies: Towards an emotionially intelligent interaction strategy for multimodal embodied conversational agents acting as companions (Nena Roa-Seiler, 2007-2015)
- Panel Chair: Efficient routing and communication algorithms for wireless mesh networks (Liang Zhao, 2007-2011)
- Panel Chair: Investigation of the applicability of the SOLO taxonomy in the qualitative content analysis of asynchronous online discussion (Christina Mainka, 2006-2011)
- Director of Studies: User-centric biometrics: authentication in a self-service environment (Chris Riley, 2006-2012)
- Examiner: Wild networks: the articulation of feedback and evaluation in a creative inter-disciplinary design studio (Sian Joel, 2005-2011)
- Panel Chair: The managed learning environment in Scottish higher education: a socio-technical exploration (David Edwards, 2004-2009)
- Director of Studies: Human-Specknet interaction (Matthew Leach, 2004-2008)
- Panel Chair: Metaheuristics for University Course Timetabling (Rhyd Lewis, 2003-2006)
- Panel Chair: Interactive Visualisation Tools for Supporting Taxonomists Working Practice (Alan Cannon, 2001-2006)
- Panel Chair: Computer simulation of interactions between the critically endangered North Atlantic Right whale Eubalaena Glacialis and shipping (Heather Clyne, 2001-2008)
- Examiner: Animated Interval Scatter-plot Views for the Exploratory Analysis of Large Scale Microarray Time-course Data (Paul Craig, 2001-2006)
- Director of Studies: An Exploration of a Semiotic Model of Interaction Through Mediated Environments (Shaleph O'Neill, 2001-2005)
- Director of Studies: The Home Workshop: A Method for Investigating the home (Lynne Baillie, 2000-2003)
- Director of Studies: Soundscape mapping: comparing listening experiences (Iain McGregor, 2000-2011)
- Panel Chair: A software framework for the microscopic modelling of pedestrian movement (Robert Kukla, 1999-2007)
- Second Supervisor: In search of the cybermuse: Exploring the potential for, and obstacles to, the use of suport technologies in the creative process (Oli Mival, 1999-2006)
- Second Supervisor: Visualising Multiple Overlapping Classification Hierarchies (Martin Graham, 1998-2002)
- Director of Studies: Multimedia and Learning: Realising the Benefits (Sandra Cairncross, 1997-2002)
- Panel Chair: Managing complex taxonomic data in an object-oriented database (Cedric Raguenaud, 1997-2002)
- Additional Supervisor: Constructing and querying federated schemata using an extended ODMG object model (Mark Roantree, 1996-2001)