Research Student Projects (David Benyon)
There are no results for this search.
Augmenting music therapy with sound visualisation techniques.
Enhanced key-sharing algorithms.
Online reputation management in a digital world.
Understanding user experience in blended spaces.
Web engineering for the evaluation of large computer web systems: methodologies in web metrics.
Sonification of exosolar planetary systems.
Understanding and designing interactive collaborative spaces. I am currently working on a PhD programme in the Centre for Interaction Design, supervised by Prof. David Benyon and Dr. Oli Mival. I am investigating the state of the art in interactive and...
Applying semantic technologies to multi-agent models for software simulations.
Tasks and visual techniques for exploration of temporal graph data.
- Director of Studies: A framework for the transformation of the creative industries in a digital age (Hannah Rudman, 2011-2015)
- Director of Studies: Data navigation and visualisation: navigating coordinated multiple views of data (Nseabasi Igoniderigha, 2010-2015)
- Panel Chair: Enhancing bio-inspired intrusion response in ad-hoc networks (Maryamosadat Kazemitabar, 2010-2013)
- Panel Chair: Framework for evaluation of e-health platform and services (Owen Lo, 2010-2015)
- Director of Studies: Learning to cope with non discretionary use of digital techologies (Emilia Sobolewska, 2009-2016)
- Examiner: A multidimensional sketching interface for visual control of data-driven concatenative sound synthesis (Augoustinos Tsiros, 2009-2016)
- Examiner: Visualizing genetic transmission patterns in plant pedigrees (Paul Shaw, 2008-2016)
- Panel Chair: A holistic semantic based approach to component specification and retrieval (Chengpu Li, 2007-2012)
- Director of Studies: Towards an emotionially intelligent interaction strategy for multimodal embodied conversational agents acting as companions (Nena Roa-Seiler, 2007-2015)
- Panel Chair: Efficient routing and communication algorithms for wireless mesh networks (Liang Zhao, 2007-2011)
- Panel Chair: Investigation of the applicability of the SOLO taxonomy in the qualitative content analysis of asynchronous online discussion (Christina Mainka, 2006-2011)
- Director of Studies: User-centric biometrics: authentication in a self-service environment (Chris Riley, 2006-2012)
- Examiner: Wild networks: the articulation of feedback and evaluation in a creative inter-disciplinary design studio (Sian Joel, 2005-2011)
- Panel Chair: The managed learning environment in Scottish higher education: a socio-technical exploration (David Edwards, 2004-2009)
- Director of Studies: Human-Specknet interaction (Matthew Leach, 2004-2008)
- Panel Chair: Metaheuristics for University Course Timetabling (Rhyd Lewis, 2003-2006)
- Panel Chair: Interactive Visualisation Tools for Supporting Taxonomists Working Practice (Alan Cannon, 2001-2006)
- Panel Chair: Computer simulation of interactions between the critically endangered North Atlantic Right whale Eubalaena Glacialis and shipping (Heather Clyne, 2001-2008)
- Examiner: Animated Interval Scatter-plot Views for the Exploratory Analysis of Large Scale Microarray Time-course Data (Paul Craig, 2001-2006)
- Director of Studies: An Exploration of a Semiotic Model of Interaction Through Mediated Environments (Shaleph O'Neill, 2001-2005)
- Director of Studies: The Home Workshop: A Method for Investigating the home (Lynne Baillie, 2000-2003)
- Director of Studies: Soundscape mapping: comparing listening experiences (Iain McGregor, 2000-2011)
- Panel Chair: A software framework for the microscopic modelling of pedestrian movement (Robert Kukla, 1999-2007)
- Second Supervisor: In search of the cybermuse: Exploring the potential for, and obstacles to, the use of suport technologies in the creative process (Oli Mival, 1999-2006)
- Second Supervisor: Visualising Multiple Overlapping Classification Hierarchies (Martin Graham, 1998-2002)
- Director of Studies: Multimedia and Learning: Realising the Benefits (Sandra Cairncross, 1997-2002)
- Panel Chair: Managing complex taxonomic data in an object-oriented database (Cedric Raguenaud, 1997-2002)
- Additional Supervisor: Constructing and querying federated schemata using an extended ODMG object model (Mark Roantree, 1996-2001)