Research Student Projects (Michael Smyth)
There are no results for this search.
A semantic approach for smart city data integration towards improved data quality.
Easier, faster, better? Evaluating to what extent social media facilitates tacit knowledge sharing practices between employees within organisations belonging to the public sector.
On efficient routing primitives for low-power and lossy networks in internet of things.
Understanding user experience in blended spaces.
- Panel Chair: Adaptive energy management mechanisms for clustering based routing wireless sensor networks (Mohamed Eshaftri, 2013-2017)
- Panel Chair: An approach to dynamic and elastic cloud service specification, recommendation and provision (Daren Fang, 2011-2015)
- Second Supervisor: Participation Space Studies: a socio-technical exploration of activist and community groups? use of online and offline spaces to support their work (Ella Taylor-Smith, 2011-2016)
- Panel Chair: Dynamic probabilistic routing discovery and broadcast schemes for high mobility ad-hoc networks (Mustafa Bani Khalaf, 2010-2013)
- Examiner: Web engineering for the evaluation of large computer web systems: methodologies in web metrics (Dalal Zahran, 2010-0)
- Second Supervisor: Learning to cope with non discretionary use of digital techologies (Emilia Sobolewska, 2009-2016)
- Second Supervisor: A multidimensional sketching interface for visual control of data-driven concatenative sound synthesis (Augoustinos Tsiros, 2009-2016)
- Director of Studies: Complex pleasures: interactions in new-media art as a resource for the design of the user experience (Ingi Helgason, 2008-2017)
- Panel Chair: An approach to cross-domain situation-based context management and highly adaptive services in pervasive environments (Zakwan Jaroucheh, 2008-2012)
- Panel Chair: Visualizing genetic transmission patterns in plant pedigrees (Paul Shaw, 2008-2016)
- Panel Chair: Cryptographic privacy-preserving enhancement method for investigative data acquisition (Zbigniew Kwecka, 2006-2011)
- Panel Chair: Tracking, Analysis and Measurement of Pedestrian Trajectories (Sarah Clayton, 2005-2016)
- Director of Studies: Wild networks: the articulation of feedback and evaluation in a creative inter-disciplinary design studio (Sian Joel, 2005-2011)
- Director of Studies: Engaging photorealistic VR: an aesthetic process of interaction (Fiona Carroll, 2003-2008)
- Director of Studies: Crafting the wearable computer - design process and user experience (Sarah Kettley, 2002-2008)
- Examiner: An Exploration of a Semiotic Model of Interaction Through Mediated Environments (Shaleph O'Neill, 2001-2005)
- Director of Studies: In search of the cybermuse: Exploring the potential for, and obstacles to, the use of suport technologies in the creative process (Oli Mival, 1999-2006)