Aerospace, Aviation & Transport,
Construction & Built Environment,
Electronics, Sensors & Photonics,
Energy & Renewables,
Engineering & Manufacturing,
Environment & Sustainability,
Food & Drink,
Healthcare & Pharmaceuticals,
Information & Communications Technologies,
Sport & Leisure,
Telehealth & Care,
Data is one of the most valuable assets a company has and the quantity of data is ever growing. However many companies fail to capitalise sufficiently on this asset. By presenting and interacting with this data using Visual Analytic approaches (the fusion of information visualisation and data analytics), companies can unlock the knowledge held in their data and leverage this effectively with both decision makers and customers. Visual Analytics is more than simple static infographics - emphasising the role of interaction in allowing users to explore data and discover relationships and trends.
Extracting information or knowledge from this data can help companies
- improve operational efficiency
- increase revenue
- improve customer service and satisfaction
Visual analytics can uncover insights leading to
- greater understanding of processes, customers and markets
- resulting in better customer targeting, improved pricing, and increased growth in both revenue and profits.
Visual Analytics has application across all levels within a company from
- support for data cleaning,
- in-depth analysis of technical data,
- analysis of customer behaviour,
- more effective user interfaces for customers,
- communicating results effectively to decision makers.
We specialise in bespoke solutions for customers, analysing their requirements and developing visualisation solutions to meet their needs.
The Institute has a range of visual analytic techniques that can be adapted to customer needs or new developments on a contractual basis, and have developed both desktop and web-based applications in the area.