Professor's Web site hits a million accesses mark
Prof Bill Buchanan's Asecuritysite.com
has reached the one million access mark in just a single year.
The site itself contains a wide range of innovative material, including related to:
- Encryption. This includes most of the methods used in encryption, including public key, private key and hashing methods here.
- Ciphers. This includes many standard cipher and encoding methods, including for Caesar codes and the Pigpen cipher here.
- Networking. This includes a range of material which explain some of the key concepts used in networking, include for route summarization and subnetting here.
- Cisco simulators. This builds on the Windows Network Simulator (profsims) and has created a unique Web based version here.
- Tests. This now includes over 1 million questions, and is one of the most extensive databanks for questions in computing in the World here.
- On-line lectures. This now has over 550 on-line lectures and demonstrations here. The on-line provision of the lectures on YouTube has also just past the one million minutes of viewing mark.
- Digital Forensics. This contains a wide range of material used in the training of digital investigators, including network and disk analysis here.
It is now one of the most extensive computer security and digital forensics site in the world, and is by many organisations around the World.
Director of CDCS
+44 131 455 2759
Dynamic Forensics Evaluation and Training (DFET) will create new training methods/techniques to support judicial authorities, law enforcement agencies and associated stakeholders in the fight against cybercrime through the development of a virtual (cloud-based) cybercrime training environment to...
Electronic information now plays a vital role in almost every aspect of our daily lives. So the need for a secure and trustworthy online infrastructure is more important than ever. without it, not only the growth of the internet but our personal interactions and the economy itself could be at risk.