Centre for Algorithms, Visualisation and Evolving Systems
In July 2014 CEC
merged to form CAVES
The new Centre brings together researchers working in a number of areas, bringing new synergies and opportunities for cross-disciplinary working.
Our research is centred around the following thematic areas:
- Computer Games, including Augmented Reality Technologies, Interactive Animation, and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Analytics and Machine Learning
- Heuristic & Bio-Inspired Search, Optimisation and Learning
- Information Visualisation
- Massively Parallel Computing
- Software Reuse and Evolution
Our research receives funding from a variety of external sources including the EU (FP6 FP7), EPSRC, BBSRC as well as from contract research and consultancy projects with many different companies.
Keywords: artificial immune systems
data mining and cleaning
mobile services and cloud
software reuse and evolution