AWARENESS (Co-ordination Action)
01/10/2010 - 30/09/2013
For latest news and events, please see the project webpage here
is a Coordination Action (CA), supporting research under the FP7: FET Proactive Intiative:Self-Awareness in Autonomic Systems
Awareness provide a supportive environment for research into self-awareness in autonomic systems, helping to create a well-connected community of researchers and conveying a coherent prospect to a wider scientific and technological audience.
The main objectives of AWARE are:
- To encourage greater cooperation and exchange between projects funded under the FET Proactive Initiative AWARENESS through a range of activities
- To support researchers active in self-awareness and autonomic systems and encourage international collaboration.
- To help improve visibility of the grand challenges and methodological approaches identified by this community via a shared research agenda
- To support training activities including summer schools and exchange activities
- To produce and disseminate a repository of knowledge for researchers in this field (for improved synchronisation of concepts, terminology, approaches, etc)
- To initiate sustainable scientific forums including a range of workshops and consultation events relevant to research interests
- To promote the field more widely and generate interest by targeting publishers and national science funding agencies as well as commercial and industrial environments.
AWARENESS (Co-ordination Action) is a EU Framework Programmes project funded by EU FP7.
Carried out in collaboration with and others.
For further information please refer to http://www.aware-project.eu.
The Bio-Inspired Algorithms group within the Centre for Algorithms, Visualisation and Evolving Systems is a large and thriving group with interests in nature-inspired computing that include Evolutionary Computing, Hyper-Heuristics, Artificial Immune Systems and Swarm Intelligence.
+44 131 455 2790
+44 131 455 2750
(not currently an institute member)
Director of CEC
+44 131 455 2783
Director of Research
+44 131 455 2764