AWARENESS (Co-ordination Action)
01/10/2010 - 30/09/2013
For latest news and events, please see the project webpage here
is a Coordination Action (CA), supporting research under the FP7: FET Proactive Intiative:Self-Awareness in Autonomic Systems
Awareness provide a supportive environment for research into self-awareness in autonomic systems, helping to create a well-connected community of researchers and conveying a coherent prospect to a wider scientific and technological audience.
The main objectives of AWARE are:
- To encourage greater cooperation and exchange between projects funded under the FET Proactive Initiative AWARENESS through a range of activities
- To support researchers active in self-awareness and autonomic systems and encourage international collaboration.
- To help improve visibility of the grand challenges and methodological approaches identified by this community via a shared research agenda
- To support training activities including summer schools and exchange activities
- To produce and disseminate a repository of knowledge for researchers in this field (for improved synchronisation of concepts, terminology, approaches, etc)
- To initiate sustainable scientific forums including a range of workshops and consultation events relevant to research interests
- To promote the field more widely and generate interest by targeting publishers and national science funding agencies as well as commercial and industrial environments.
AWARENESS (Co-ordination Action) is a EU Framework Programmes project funded by EU FP7.
Carried out in collaboration with and others.
For further information please refer to http://www.aware-project.eu.
FOCAS is a coordination action in the area of collective adaptive systems. It provides increased visibility to the research carried out by projects funded by the FOCAS FET Proactive Initiative and others in research fields related to collective adaptive systems.
PerAda (PANORAMA) was an EU Coordination Action coordinating research in a proactive initiative on Pervasive Adaptation. Although the project has now officially finished, the project website www.perada.eu remains an excellent resource for materials for teaching, research, and public engagement.
The EvoNet Network of Excellence brings together active European researchers and practitioners in the field of evolutionary computing. Originally set up in 1996 with European Commission funding, the EvoNet network provides coordination, support and a web-based infrastructure for research and...
Starting on 1/1/2013, this project aims to improve the current state of the art in developing optimisation tools which are relevant and acceptable to industry. This will be achieved by addressing industrial current concerns regarding the ability of academic optimisation techniques to deal...
The UrbanIxD Cordination Action project will define and consolidate a coherent research community working in the domain of technologically augmented, data-rich urban environments; with particular focus on the human activities, experiences and behaviours
+44 131 455 2790
+44 131 455 2750
+44 131 455 2768
Director of CEC
+44 131 455 2783
Associate Dean (Research and KT)
+44 131 455 2764